A guide for the nitty gritty conversation with employees before they’re halfway out the door
We know you care deeply about every employee’s job satisfaction, and we want to help you ensure that by maintaining an open line of communication with employees, you can demonstrate how seriously you take their happiness and well-being.
This blog serves as a tool to assist with opening up a dialogue of honest feedback from your employees. It is crafted to help you better understand their perspective on the company and their role within it. Ultimately, you will be able to meet your employee where they are and ensure you have the information necessary to improve their overall experience with your company and their job. This is the goal of a STAY CONVERSATION…you don’t want to wait to have this dialogue when they are ready to leave.
If you need more information or additional ideas, we are here for you every step of the way.
To meet your employee’s individual needs and ensure that you are doing everything you can to ensure that they have the best experience possible at your company.
Your Questions for the Employee:
When entering this conversation remember to: Remind your employee that this is not a performance review or a meeting to talk about projects, and put away your computer and phone to show that you take this conversation seriously.
- How have you been feeling about work in general?
- How have you been feeling about balancing work and home?
- Do you feel like you’re learning and growing here?
- If not, is there anything I can do to improve your experience?
- Take their feedback to heart and move forward after discussing and agreeing on how you can better meet their needs.
- Address any issues and solve them together.
- Maintain an open line of communication and address anything that comes up in the future.
Moving forward, we hope that this conversation and the ones to follow will allow your employees to feel confident in their choice to maintain employment at your company.